Resources available from Bundles, but not via Resource ID

Keith Welch

Mar 24, 2019, 8:16:30 PM3/24/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Using HAPI FHIR against the sandbox, I have noticed some odd behavior involving the following resource types:

  • Observation
  • Binary
  • DiagnosticReport

When I query with a patient or subject (perhaps with a category), I am always returned a Bundle, which contain the expected resources. However, if I obtain the resource ID by other means, and try to access the resource directly, like  Observation/M9115382, I am returned an empty string.

I don't generally need to obtain resources this way, so I may have just not encountered this behavior. Is this intentional, or just a problem in the sandbox? I have included the response headers, in case it needs to be investigated (note the zero length content).

Thanks

Keith Welch

Content-Type →application/json
Content-Length →0
Connection →keep-alive
Date →Mon, 25 Mar 2019 00:10:14 GMT
x-amzn-RequestId →5d244348-4e92-11e9-aa81-b3926f62629e
x-amzn-Remapped-Content-Length →0
X-Request-Id →5d244348-4e92-11e9-aa81-b3926f62629e
Server-Response-Time →3.954681
x-amz-apigw-id →XElgCFXvPHcF7sA=
Vary →Origin,User-Agent
Cache-Control →no-cache
Status →404 Not Found
x-amzn-Remapped-Date →Mon, 25 Mar 2019 00:10:14 GMT
X-Cache →Error from cloudfront
X-Amz-Cf-Id →z6kRnaOAdCeTzdZGVcp6Fx0EXvOY7ojPGJ63Ioh7VmMb3owqgED2vw==

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Mar 24, 2019, 9:43:06 PM3/24/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Keith,

Retrieving by ID for Observation and DiagnosticReport is not supported at this time. You can see all of our available functionality by visiting fhir.cerner.com.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)