Add adittional data to appointment

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Mariano Eiberman

Mar 17, 2021, 4:43:59 PM3/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello, we need to send information from our app to the Appointment in FHIR. actually the appointment update seems to work just for status, there are any chance, to send aditional data or to add an action in the appointment?

regards

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 17, 2021, 5:58:29 PM3/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
What information are you looking for? During an Appointment Create, you can also add a comment.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Mariano Eiberman

Mar 18, 2021, 8:47:16 AM3/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We want to show progress status related to the appointment, like ‘new’, ‘in progress’, ‘complete’. So it shows up in any of the views that staff usually look at.

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 22, 2021, 5:55:37 PM3/22/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Does Appointment.status [1] not get you the information you need?

-Aaron (Cerner)

Mariano Eiberman

Mar 23, 2021, 6:49:10 PM3/23/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Aaron, thanks for the Reply!

Actually, the status field its not what we want to update. we need to update a value, (which could be like an status from our app)
for example: if the user on our App fill this custom field, it has to be updated on Cerner.

regards!

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 24, 2021, 1:09:33 PM3/24/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I'm not sure I fully follow what updates you are trying to make through FHIR. We list the fields we allow through PATCH in our documentation [1] though. There are no "custom" fields that would be added to the appointment.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Eduardo Segura

Mar 25, 2021, 10:59:56 AM3/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Aaron,

We are trying to send custom information we collect that is related to the appointment so it's available to staff and/or doctors. What about Appointment.comment[1]? Is there any way (using FHIR or other means) that we could put a single line in there? Consider that we are not creating the appointment, but rather reporting on status on activities that are related and enabled by the appointment.

Thank you!
Ed

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 25, 2021, 3:57:30 PM3/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Adding a comment to the Appointment is only available during an Appointment Create [1], so you would not be able to modify an existing appointment to add that information.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Eduardo Segura

Mar 25, 2021, 4:02:06 PM3/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Understood. Are there no other means for us to upload / push the information about the appointment that we collected up to Cerner?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 25, 2021, 4:25:01 PM3/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Unfortunately, no.