Customizing patient data in my Sandbox App

Dave Bogaty

Feb 15, 2018, 8:29:15 AM2/15/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello all -- I am looking to build a demo of a Smart on FHIR app that reads DiagnosticReport data, and displays its contents to the patient.  I have successfully set up the demo app on the tutorial, which reads Observation content.

Now, I want to upload *specific* examples of DiagnosticReport objects to the Sandbox and store them in the patient's EHR, to build an app that simulates retrieving them.  The content is important --  my application parses the contents of free text in DiagnosticReports, and a thorough demo will need to include similar examples to the reports we will see in a clinical setting.

Is there a way to insert data of our choosing into the dummy patients' EHR?

thanks!
dave

Yegor Hanov (Cerner)

Feb 19, 2018, 9:52:26 PM2/19/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi, Dave!

Unfortunately, at this point we don't have a write API you can use to create diagnostic report data.  The only way we could facilitate creation of specific examples is by staging this data ourselves using Cerner tools.  Can you share a couple of examples, so we can see what needs to be done?

Thanks,

Yegor (Cerner)

Dave Bogaty

Mar 1, 2018, 6:40:19 AM3/1/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
HI Yegor - thanks for your response, sorry I missed it earlier.

We are looking to have DiagnosticReport data for screening mammograms in the sandbox.  I have attached three examples of the content we need - our application works with mammogram reports specifically, so it is important that we can retrieve and parse it.  We can use the LOINC code: [24606-6]

It is unclear to me where the text of a radiology report would be stored in the DiagnosticReport object.  It would be easiest to retrieve it from the "text" attribute.  I see that for the existing DiagnosticReports in the system, the "text" attribute is empty but the "presentedForm" attribute contains links to PDFs with the text of the reports.  Ideally we could have a plaintext solution.

Thanks!
Dave

Dave Bogaty

Mar 1, 2018, 8:27:00 AM3/1/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Oops -- I forgot to attach the files; here they are.
report_2065.txt
report_5251.txt
report_46429.txt

Yegor Hanov (Cerner)

Mar 1, 2018, 9:48:43 AM3/1/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks, Dave!  We'll take a look at these examples in the next couple of days.

--Yegor (Cerner)

Kathy Pickering (Cerner)

Mar 1, 2018, 1:06:12 PM3/1/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Dave -  The first 2 reports were documented on Nancy Smart, patient id 4342009, and the third report was documented on Wilma Smart, patient id 4342008.

Kathy