get practitioner NPI when doing single sign on

KEN

Jul 10, 2019, 10:02:36 AM7/10/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Is there any way we can get prescriber/practitioner  NPI when doing single sign on(launch from EHR)?

Thanks,

Ken

Armani Akines (Cerner)

Jul 10, 2019, 10:38:45 AM7/10/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ken,

You'll first want the Practitioner ID for the SSO. If you don't have that on hand, that information can be found in the auth token. You'll then by querying the Practitioner ID in the Practitioner resource (see: Identifier/Aliases such as NPI). If there is an identifier/alias for that value as an NPI, you'll see it in the response.

Thanks,

Armani

KEN

Jul 15, 2019, 11:00:42 AM7/15/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Can you provide more detail about the auth token?
Is that user id in auth token response if our app is provider type?

Armani Akines (Cerner)

Jul 16, 2019, 11:05:50 AM7/16/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Ken,

Regarding the auth token, you'll need to request the openid and profile scopes for your app. In the auth token response, you'll get an id_token, which will have a link to the practitioner resource. As for your app type, it will be in the response. Just make sure that when you make the request to the Practitioner resource, you use the user/Practitioner.read scope.

Thanks

KEN

Jul 18, 2019, 5:51:29 PM7/18/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Can you provide any sample response for Practitioner search which includes the NPI identifier?

From Practitioner resource, I only get the following sample:
{
  "resourceType": "Practitioner",
  "id": "1994021",
  "meta": {
    "versionId": "0",
    "lastUpdated": "2013-11-04T13:25:17.000-06:00"
  },
  "text": {
    "status": "generated",
  },
  "identifier": [
    {
      "use": "usual",
      "type": {
        "text": "DOCDEA"
      },
      "value": "234234123",
      "period": {
        "start": "2013-11-08T00:00:00.000-06:00"
      }
    }
  ],
  "active": true,
  "name": {
    "use": "usual",
    "text": "PCTAUT, OrdersPhy3",
    "family": [
      "PCTAUT"
    ],
    "given": [
      "OrdersPhy3"
    ],
    "period": {
      "start": "2013-11-04T13:25:17.000-06:00"
    }
  },
  "telecom": [
    {
      "value": "8165550192",
      "use": "work"
    }
  ],
  "address": [
    {
      "use": "work",
      "text": "123 Main St.\nBirmingham, AL 56265\nUSA",
      "line": [
        "123 Main St."
      ],
      "city": "Birmingham",
      "state": "AL",
      "postalCode": "56265",
      "country": "USA"
    }
  ],
  "gender": "male"
}

Thanks,

Ken

在 2019年7月10日星期三 UTC-4上午10:38:45,Armani Akines (Cerner)写道:

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Aug 1, 2019, 1:56:15 PM8/1/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ken,

There's a known issue right now with the way NPI is being returned.

Thanks,
Jenni

Sakshi

Sep 25, 2020, 6:35:20 AM9/25/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,
I want to know whether there are any test users in sandbox that are not patient but practitioner or some other role??

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Sep 25, 2020, 1:31:56 PM9/25/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We do have a few listed in our test data that is linked in the group description. Otherwise, resources that have a provider tied to them (i.e. Encounter.participant, MedicationRequest.requester, etc.) will have references to a given Practitioner resource.

Applegate MD, Christina: Practitioner/593923
Martin, MD, Mary Cerner: Practitioner/11724002
Porter, Andy Cerner: Practitioner/4122620

-Aaron (Cerner)

Anamika Shukla

Sep 26, 2020, 3:24:51 AM9/26/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Is there any username and password for these practitioners for login like patients?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Sep 28, 2020, 9:21:42 AM9/28/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not publically publish additional practitioners to use for log ins besides the "portal" user configured for use with our code Console. You will need to use this user's log in for developing your app.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)