Upcoming Changes to the R4 Coverage Resource

Cerner FHIR Developers

Dec 10, 2021, 1:05:26 PM12/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
In order to enable additional future functionality for the R4 Coverage resource, we will be making a non-passive change to the Coverage.id field for Patient-level Private Coverage resources. After the non-passive changes, the Coverage.id field will be represented by a new value.

Potential Impact:
  • Any Coverage.id previously returned in a Search or Create operation will no longer be returned in a Search.
  • If you are storing the id's in your system from before this change, then they will no longer be valid for the Delete and Patch (future capability) operations.
The change is currently planned to be deployed on January 27th, 2022.

Cerner FHIR Developers

Jan 10, 2022, 9:50:44 AM1/10/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We are placing this non-passive coverage.id change on hold for now while we investigate an alternative solution.
This conversation is locked