Multiple names for Patient R4 API

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Haitai Ng

Jun 4, 2021, 11:44:40 AM6/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Cerner,

Can you clarify my interpretation of the R4 Patient API ? The document states that "A person receiving care from multiple organizations may have data available in multiple patient resources in multiple FHIR servers." The example I am referencing is from the documentation. This API call returns multiple results for Joe Smart, Joseph Smart, (other associated versions of Joe Smart). Where does Stephen Allen come from?

 Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 11.39.28 AM.png

In the provided sample GET call:

Thank you for your time,
Haitai

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jun 4, 2021, 11:52:04 AM6/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

That were the names of the patient at one point of time.
Since this is our Sandbox, you may find a lot of dummy data.

Thanks,
Fenil (Cerner)

Haitai Ng

Jun 4, 2021, 12:42:36 PM6/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Fenil. Got it.

I'm assuming that in a production environment the results returned from this particular API all point to the same individual. In other words, there is a many to one relation: many results that point to the same patient.

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jun 7, 2021, 9:55:12 AM6/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Yes, that's correct!