Patient credentials for oAuth.

Muhammad Muhammad

Sep 24, 2018, 8:41:13 AM9/24/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
What are possible ways for a patient to get the portal credentials (that we can use for oAuth) for live use?
Who provide these credentials to the patient?
Does every patient has these credentials?

I have sandbox credentials but want to confirm my understanding for live scenario.

Apologies in advance, if this is not the right forum/group to ask above questions.
Please redirect me to correct forum / support to ask these basic questions.

Regards
Muhammad

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Sep 25, 2018, 9:02:51 AM9/25/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

The patient should already have credentials when they use your application. The create these when they first access their patient portals to access their record with their provider.

Regards,
Jenni

Muhammad Muhammad

Sep 25, 2018, 9:30:32 AM9/25/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Please correct my understanding,
1. If a patient does not have portal access, he/she would not be able to see the data in our app? correct?
2. Can a father requests to access the data of younger kid?

------------
Regards
MUHAMMAD

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Sep 25, 2018, 9:50:47 AM9/25/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Please correct my understanding,
1. If a patient does not have portal access, he/she would not be able to see the data in our app? correct?

Correct, they wouldn't be able to log in to complete the authorization process.

2. Can a father requests to access the data of younger kid?

Yes, you can see what this looks like by logging in as Nancy Smart in our test patients: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cerner-fhir-developers/edPUbVPIag0/LgD4mGTXBAAJ (she can select which patient and has access to 2 other records). They can only do this if they've got authorization on file to access someone else's records.

Regards,
Jenni

Muhammad Muhammad

Sep 25, 2018, 4:38:45 PM9/25/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Great & thank for the response.

- Further, I wanted to know how the father will get access to kidz data. Do father has to request provider to give the authorization? Or is there an option for a patient to provide this access within patient portal?
- Is there a link of patient portal that I use to login & see the data of Nancy Smart in patient portal?

Regards
MUHAMMAD

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Sep 26, 2018, 2:44:11 PM9/26/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

We don't have a portal set up where you can see the data. We do list some of the data that is staged (very generally) on the testing patient documentation.

The process to get access to someone's record varies by local laws and identity proofing processes. However, it usually requires a patient to specifically sign a document granting access, or being the guardian and being given access after confirming identity in person. Once this process is complete, the provider records that the authorization exists and makes sure the father is listed as an authorized representative with access to a child's records (note: this also applies for access to a spouse's record, or others).

~ Jenni