Questions about IV fluid data

Siddharth Chamarthy

Jul 17, 2019, 5:07:48 PM7/17/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Where does FHIR standard define the flow in and flow out from a patient? Like Urine output or fluids in like Sodium Chloride or Potassium Chloride etc?
Message has been deleted

Siddharth Chamarthy

Jul 18, 2019, 11:42:55 AM7/18/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for getting back to me. Is this because FHIR hasn’t defined a standard for recording fluid data? If so, then how would we find fluid data? Do we have to go back to other HL7 standards?

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 11:00 Nishanth Namana (Cerner) <nishant...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Siddharth,
Unfortunately we don't have a resource or standard that keeps track of fluid data.

Thank you

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 4:07:48 PM UTC-5, Siddharth Chamarthy wrote:
Where does FHIR standard define the flow in and flow out from a patient? Like Urine output or fluids in like Sodium Chloride or Potassium Chloride etc?

Best Regards,

Siddharth Chamarthy
Columbia University
M.S in Mechanical Engineering - Robotics and Control
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidd23295
248-672-9317
sc4...@columbia.edu

Nishanth Namana (Cerner)

Jul 18, 2019, 4:29:38 PM7/18/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Siddharth,

Sorry that I deleted my previous reply. I wanted to give you more accurate response.
Input and Output (I/O) details are not supported by any resource currently. However, you can get the Intravenous (IV) fluids (like sodium chloride) details with MedicationAdministration resource. But you won't be able to get a count on the total patient intake.
And, I assume 'other HL7 standards' means other HL7 version's? In any of the Cerner implemented HL7 versions, there is no support for I\O details.

Thank you.