Log Out - End Provider Session

Sachin Bokade

Mar 21, 2023, 3:22:45 AM3/21/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Team,

We have a Provider context SMART app that launch it from EHR on new tab.

How can we log the provider out  from SMART app(i.e. completely kill their session) when they log out from the EMR?

Thanks
Sachin Bokade

Michael Spohnholtz WA-Seattle

Mar 22, 2023, 3:11:23 PM3/22/23
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
How can my application participate in log out mechanisms provided by the organization’s single sign-on (SSO) ecosystem?
While the Cerner authorization server provides OpenID Connect support, it does not currently implement any of OpenID Connect’s various logout specifications, nor are they required by the SMART specifications at this time.
As an alternative, you may offer the user a link to “Manage Authorized Applications”, which allows the user to log out via their SSO system.
-----MAS