FHIR resource mapping - Diagnostics Report

Aruna

Sep 11, 2018, 9:59:33 AM9/11/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
If this is a question about an error or issue you are seeing, please fill out the following fields:

  • Issue Summary: (include links to documentation, and describe what you've tried so far. Do NOT include request or response bodies unless this is from our public sandbox)
  • X-Request-Id or CorrelationId: (from Response or Error Message)

This question is related to mapping the data element from HL7 message to FHIR resource (Diagnostic Report).

Quest Diagnostics delivers patient results to Cerner clients in HL7 format. We would like to know if /how certain fields from this HL7 message are mapping to FHIR resources.

Field Description HL7
Site code Site code (where the order is  created)
Also called perf site by II and eLabs .
MSH.03
Client id Client account number MSH.05
Accession number Accession number - assigned by Quest ORC.03
Report Date Date when the results were release/reported OBR.22

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Sep 11, 2018, 3:18:16 PM9/11/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Aruna,

HL7 itself provides some general mappings between the different standards to FHIR. See DiagnosticReport here: http://hl7.org/fhir/dstu2/diagnosticreport-mappings.html

As you can see, some of the items mentioned above don't map directly to the FHIR DiagnosticReport concept. Of the items above, the report date is mapped to the issued date on FHIR. The other items wouldn't likely be visible directly by reading DiagnosticReport. In addition, you can see which fields we currently support on our DiagnosticReport read: https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/diagnostic/diagnostic-report/

You'll note that we don't support write yet, and that DiagnosticReport is currently limited to radiology type reports.

Regards,
~ Jenni