Resource in conflict error

Rui Wang

Jul 9, 2020, 9:45:28 AM7/9/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Team,

When I try to create patient (R4) with a SSN that already exists on another patient, I will get resource in conflict error:
{
    "resourceType""OperationOutcome",
    "issue": [
        {
            "severity""error",
            "code""conflict",
            "details": {
                "text""Current state of resource in conflict"
            }
        }
    ]
} But the error response does not indicate which field is in conflict. Is there a way to tell it's SSN in conflict? Thanks,
Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jul 9, 2020, 9:49:41 AM7/9/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

Could you please post the X-Request-Id associated with your request?

Thank you,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Jul 9, 2020, 9:52:12 AM7/9/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

The X-Request-Id is: de742294-6c60-4b8f-b8f2-2303cb8adc45
Thanks,
Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jul 9, 2020, 9:59:52 AM7/9/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

I am able to confirm that the request failed because the SSN was a duplicate of another patient. Unfortunately this type of error message is not something we expose at this time.

Thank you,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Jul 9, 2020, 10:32:35 AM7/9/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

What are the possible scenarios that can cause this conflict error when using Patient.Create R4 API?
Except SSN, we also allow user to enter family name, given name, dob, gender, address(line, city, state, country, postal code), phone numbers, emails on UI, is it possible that these fields will cause conflict error as well?
Just want to narrow down the possible cause so we can provide a user friendly error message.

Thanks,
Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jul 10, 2020, 9:42:23 AM7/10/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Hi Rui,

The fields you mentioned and listed will likely not introduce any conflict errors. The identifier field is most likely where you would see the most issues in regards to conflicts.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)