User scopes vs Patient scopes

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Gadi Manor

Jan 20, 2021, 8:54:50 AM1/20/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I want to be sure what are the right scopes to use.
Is it safe to say that for provider facing app I need to use the user scopes or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 20, 2021, 7:31:47 PM1/20/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
If the user is retrieving information specific to a particular patient (Patient by ID, Encounter, Observation, etc.), the app should use the patient/<Resource> scope. Requests that cross patients (e.g. Patient search) or don't relate to a patient (e.g. Practitioner) should use the user/<Resource> scope.

-Aaron (Cerner)
This conversation is locked