Need an example URL of a Practitioner with open appointments

Assigned to mphil...@gmail.com by me

Mark Butler

Mar 18, 2019, 12:47:32 PM3/18/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Could someone please send me a URL that would return a practitioners open appointments for today?

Open sandbox is preferred. https://fhir-ehr.sandboxcerner.com/dstu2

If no appointments are available for today then any date would work.

I'm trying to figure out how to find open appointments and I'm thinking that working backwards might be the way to go.

Thanks,

MArk B.

Max Philips (Cerner)

Mar 18, 2019, 1:17:33 PM3/18/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Mark,

If I'm understanding your workflow - you will want to look for Slots. Appointments in FHIR aren't 'open', their statuses are one of these: http://hl7.org/fhir/DSTU2/valueset-appointmentstatus.html

Here's an example search that returns all availabilities for Practitioner 2578010, in Slot-Type Snomed 394581000 (Community Medicine), for today:
Accept: application/json+fhir

In the response, "freeBusyType": "free" indicates the Slot can be booked for an Appointment with that Practitioner.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

Mark Butler

Mar 18, 2019, 2:05:20 PM3/18/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Max. That's going to work for me.

MArk B.

Britton Powell

Jul 2, 2019, 11:11:22 AM7/2/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Is there a scheduled refresh of the sandbox environment?

I'm getting 0 results this morning for this query, and it worked yesterday.

Thanks,

Britton

Max Philips (Cerner)

Jul 2, 2019, 11:19:48 AM7/2/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Britton,

Slot requests only return free Slots - based on what you're describing I expect that all of Practitioner 2578010's Community Medicine Slots on March 18 have been taken.

You could check for Slots for a different Practitioner, a different Slot type, or a different day. Please let me know if you need any assistance determining other values to use. There should be some historical posts on this forum with example values: https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!searchin/cerner-fhir-developers/scheduling|sort:date/cerner-fhir-developers/noGB-xzlZNA/3JNDe9zPCAAJ

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

Britton Powell

Jul 2, 2019, 11:55:28 AM7/2/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
A search for Community Medicine with a range of 7/2-9/30 returns 0 results for all of these providers? Is that corrrect?
605926, 1672007, 1418008, 937933, 937934

Max Philips (Cerner)

Jul 2, 2019, 2:09:25 PM7/2/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
No, that seems incorrect. It looks like we are experiencing an issue with the standard mappings for Slot type. We will investigate and continue to update this thread.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

Vikash Kumar

Mar 30, 2020, 1:35:48 PM3/30/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
In below URL, I kept changing the date to any date in future but it always returns 0 slots.

Any one can help please????

Regards,
Ravi

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Mar 30, 2020, 3:13:48 PM3/30/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ravi,

Per our group guidelines, could you please open up a new thread for your question or issue?

Thank you,
Ben (Cerner)