504 Error on FHIR api call for CarePlan

Francesca Ricci-Tam

Dec 15, 2022, 2:04:20 PM12/15/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

our patient-facing app was requesting various resources for test patient Nancy Smart (12724066), and all succeeded except for CarePlan which failed with a 504 error.
The X-Request-Id was eb7dea40-1d2c-4632-9b3b-93f0b1cf4abc, and our error logs don't show much else other than

Request failed with status code 504

and

Unknown application error occurred
Runtime.Unknown

This request was properly formatted (the same format as all of our other requests for other R4 resources, which worked just fine). I also tried the same request in Postman a few minutes later and it worked just fine (the CarePlan bundle came through). Any idea why this might have happened?
Thanks,

Francesca

Aaron McGinn (Oracle Cerner)

Dec 15, 2022, 9:11:16 PM12/15/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
It looks like the request ID that you provided returned a 200, but I do see other 504s from your app. It looks like these calls timed out (I'm seeing ~55 seconds for the server response time). Is this what you are seeing as well?

-Aaron (Oracle Cerner)