Does the user stay logged after oAuth is complete?

Yong Wu

Jun 28, 2019, 1:49:42 PM6/28/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
If this is a question about an error or issue you are seeing, please fill out the following fields:

  • Issue Summary: (include links to documentation, and describe what you've tried so far. Do NOT include request or response bodies unless this is from our public sandbox)
  • X-Request-Id or CorrelationId: (from Response or Error Message)
After the oAuth is done, does the user stay logged in on Cerner side? It appears that if I log out of my app, log in as a different user, and try to do oAuth again, it will try to use the last user. Is that true? Will this cause potential issue?

Joshua Fisk (Cerner)

Jun 28, 2019, 3:56:29 PM6/28/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Can you provide more details about your app and how you are generating the oAuth? Where it is being launched from?

Yong Wu

Jun 28, 2019, 5:17:13 PM6/28/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
It is a web application. When we needs to connect to Cerner, We will redirect to the authorization URL on the web page. When the authorization is done, it redirects back to our web application. After the redirection is done, in the same browser window, the user is effectively logged in at Cerner side. So if I log out of my application without closing the window, log in as a different user, and try oAuth workflow again, it will try to link to the previous user who is logged in.

-Yong

Yong Wu

Joshua Fisk (Cerner)

Yong Wu