In case you are having the same issue ... DocumentReference/Binary base64 content too big to render as data-url

Kevin Maloy

Dec 10, 2019, 9:32:43 AM12/10/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi --

In case you run into the same problem.

If you are using data-urls as the src for an iframe to show pdfs from Binary ... beware large objects.

At some point chrome will not render data-urls when they are too big (I had an issue with one 4MB large and had embedded scanned document in the pdf) so you probably need to use something like URL.createObjectURL and revokeObjectURL (which worked for me).

Should work with ie11 but I have not tested (https://caniuse.com/#search=createobjecturl)