Coverage class when creating new Coverage at Encounter level

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Rin Nguyen

Oct 18, 2021, 5:53:13 AM10/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
When creating new coverage at encounter level, I see that it requires the coverage-class.
Please give me more information about this field?
Where I can get the list of coverage class

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Oct 18, 2021, 12:13:35 PM10/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

You can find Coverage Class plan value here

Thanks,
Fenil

Hieu Trung Tran

Oct 19, 2021, 5:33:13 AM10/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Fenil,

Thanks for your feedback,
You meant the Coverage Class plan is  Health Plan Ids, right? Sorry because there has much information, I just want to make sure. If it is, I have another question that is it fixed plan or user-defined plan?
This is an example of class when creating a coverage:
{
  "class": [
    {
      "type": {
        "coding": [
          {
            "system": "http://hl7.org/fhir/ValueSet/coverage-class",
            "code": "plan"
          }
        ],
        "text": "plan"
      },
      "value": "729825",
      "name": "Aetna Missouri POS Open"
    }
  ]
}
Please give us advice to map class from your document you mentioned.

Thanks!

Hieu Trung Tran

Oct 20, 2021, 11:43:34 PM10/20/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Fenil,

I mapped the health plan id you gave to the class successfully.
I have a question that which api we can use to fetch the list of coverage-class(Health Plan)? We need to get this list to map to coverage when our user creates a new coverage.

Thanks!

Thanh Xuan Nguyen

Nov 23, 2021, 7:35:43 AM11/23/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Closed this item. The team does not have any concerns