Launch provider app within patient context

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Evelyn

Apr 7, 2021, 7:25:12 PM4/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

We have a provider SMART Launch App, which is working in sandbox. We can test our app by clicking "Begin Testing" button. (The launch will pass the patient context.) How can we test this function in PowerChart and how can we configure this button?

Thanks,

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Apr 8, 2021, 12:57:33 PM4/8/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
The "Begin Testing" is a mock of what the same workflow looks like in PowerChart. Testing in the EHR is part of joining the code Program as a value added resource [1].

-Aaron (Cerner)

Joseph, Cuckoo John

Apr 20, 2021, 11:19:22 AM4/20/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Can I know what exactly is the "Patient Context" passed from EHR to the SMART App ?

a) Is it going to be a series of json data pertaining to patient (like including ID, name, DOB, other details etc)
b) Is it going to be ONLY something that can uniquely identify patient (say patient id/ GUID etc). If yes, whats that data ?
c) some other data that can be uniquely identify patient (say session id or something). but not directly tied to a patient.

Also Can the patient context data be configured to define what EHR sends back to the SMART app ?   We want very minimal data footprint to be shared with SMART APP from EHR. If possible some id (session id or some) that can be used to identify patient (not directly) at the EHR side session when SMART APP posts back the data.

Thoughts ??

John

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Apr 20, 2021, 2:36:59 PM4/20/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

For Provider launch, patient context, Patient ID and EncounterID, would be send back in the token response on successful OAuth handshake. These should be unique per client domain.
No, the patient context cannot be modified.

Thanks,
Fenil (Cerner)