Supporting multiple versions of FHIR as a client

Sid

Feb 12, 2020, 12:14:42 AM2/12/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,
We, as a client, are looking to consume FHIR resources to get FHIR data. We are looking to build a solution that supports multiple versions of FHIR such as DSTU2, STU3 and R4.
Are there any frameworks or libraries in the market that could help us achieve this? Or has anyone implemented a custom solution to support multiple versions?
We are targeting to build our solution using .NET.
Any input (irrespective of the language) or help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sid

Francisco Gaytan

Feb 12, 2020, 2:15:50 PM2/12/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am building something similar to what you are saying using .NET, but I wasn't able to find anything off the shelf to do it.

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Feb 12, 2020, 2:41:33 PM2/12/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sid,

You may consider posting this question to the larger SMART on FHIR community[1] as they might have more knowledge. From personal experience, I know that HAPI[2] is a Java library that has the capability of calling multiple versions of FHIR.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Michele Mottini

Feb 12, 2020, 3:17:14 PM2/12/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We wrote a modified version of the standard .NET library that supports multiple versions:  https://www.nuget.org/packages/CareEvolution.Fhir.Core/

  - Michele
  CareEvolution Inc

Sid

Feb 13, 2020, 6:23:11 AM2/13/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks!

So once you have a response for a particular version say R4, do you have a requirement to parse it to a custom object or do you have to convert it to some other version? How are you handling responses from different versions of a resource?