Clinician experience

Farhan Ahmad

May 12, 2017, 5:55:49 PM5/12/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Our application is clinician facing.  My understanding is that even for this scenario we have to use Oauth2 for FHIR calls.  Given this, I am trying to understand the experience from the clinician's perspective.  Will they be prompted every time to confirm that they want to launch our app?

Thanks,
Farhan

Kevin Shekleton (Cerner)

May 13, 2017, 5:35:04 AM5/13/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
No, clinicians will never be prompted to authorization your application when running in a Cerner EHR. The healthcare organization pre-approves all applications so we never ask the clinician's permission to run the app.

Best,
Kevin (Cerner)

Farhan Ahmad

May 14, 2017, 12:22:52 AM5/14/17