Sandbox migration impact

Rui Wang

Aug 17, 2020, 3:20:37 PM8/17/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Team,

Based on this thread https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cerner-fhir-developers/JhjhzD9T6C0, the sandbox will be migrated to a new one. It looks like what we need to do is just changing the root URL to https://fhir-ehr-code.cerner.com/r4/ec2458f2-1e24-41c8-b71b-0e701af7583d. I just tried to retrieve token from the new token URL but it returns "invalid client". Am I missing anything?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Aug 17, 2020, 3:26:33 PM8/17/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Could you please provide an X-Request-Id from the response headers?

The upgrade is still in progress, but you should be able to log into the console and system account management as indicated on that thread and verify that your accounts exist.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 18, 2020, 8:54:52 AM8/18/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

I just realized that the secret for our account id is different now after logged into  https://cernercentral.com/ . I now can retrieve a token from new url.
So just to confirm, the root URL and account secret have been changed after migration, is there anything else that will be different after migration?

Thanks,
Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Aug 18, 2020, 9:34:01 AM8/18/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

All details and changes because of the migration, including system account secrets changing, have all been published in this thread.

Thank you,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 18, 2020, 1:55:30 PM8/18/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the info. I'm testing the functionality in new sandbox and I find I cannot create a patient anymore. It always return bad request error. Can you check what's wrong in the request? Here are two examples I've tried:

x-request-id: c1a476c3-7262-47e2-9ef0-675057efdd3a
x-request-id: 8cac2874-7ea2-425d-b866-f52b36ce38fd
Thanks,
Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Aug 19, 2020, 10:04:35 AM8/19/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

It looks like the organization used for those requests does not exist in our new public sandbox. Identifiers, like patient and organization IDs are unique within a specific domain so using identifiers that worked in our old public sandbox aren't guaranteed, and will likely fail, in our new one.

Here's a few organization IDs that you can use in our new public sandbox: 685844, 675847, and 675844

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 19, 2020, 10:18:20 AM8/19/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

I've tried the organization ids you provided but I still get the same error. Here is one of the x-request-id : 0436d1cb-3a7f-40ee-a4c2-289bfb371043
Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Aug 19, 2020, 10:33:37 AM8/19/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

This seems to be an error with the system used for the Patient.identifier field. These values also have changed within the new public sandbox environment. You should be able to locate the new Patient.identifier.system values by performing a read or search on existing patients and using the syste mvalue listed.

Thank,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 19, 2020, 10:57:24 AM8/19/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

The only identifier I added to the patient is SSN.  I cannot seem to find the new SSN system value using search call as SSN is not included in the searching results.
 I put "http://hl7.org/fhir/sid/us-ssn" as the system value for SSN based on this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/cerner-fhir-developers/ssn%7Csort:date/cerner-fhir-developers/GWvxhH5tf1E/vLL7MJkYBgAJ
Did that change in the new sandbox in terms of how we pass SSN to create patient API?

My understanding is the system value for SSN should not change per domain or per customer as it's a known identifier in FHIR? ( https://www.hl7.org/fhir/identifier-registry.html  )

Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Aug 19, 2020, 11:04:04 AM8/19/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

Apologies, I was assuming you were attempting to pass in an MRN. We'll do some investigating and get back to you.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Aug 19, 2020, 5:56:37 PM8/19/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

We had some missing configuration. Thanks for lettings us know, and this should be added now. Could you please try again for us?

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 20, 2020, 9:53:07 AM8/20/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

It works now! Thanks!
More questions around the sandbox:
 (1) I just found is I can create duplicate patients with same SSN in the new sandbox. In the old sandbox, that is not allowed. Create patient API is supposed to do duplicate check on patient identifiers based on this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cerner-fhir-developers/dzDDVNLN6gY  Can you confirm if that changed?

(2) You mentioned three organization ids can be used in the new sandbox:  685844, 675847, and 675844. I was under the impression that this organization id is at domain level and is mapping to a EHR source id. But looks like in the new sandbox, one domain could have multiple organization ids. Does that mean each organization id is mapping to a facility? Can you give more information on organization ids?
(3) In the old sandbox, we were using this oid(urn:oid:2.2.2.2.2.2) to add our custom identifier to patient via Patch endpoint, what's the alternative oid I should use in the new sandbox?

Thanks
Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Aug 20, 2020, 10:26:17 AM8/20/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

It could be our configuration isn't set-up correctly. Could you provide me with the X-Request-ID for the SSN issues?

For Organizations. The Organization resource describes a grouping of people or business entities relevant to the healthcare process. Organizations include hospitals, employers, insurance companies, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation facilities, laboratories, etc. It will vary on what each hospital system does as some may prefer different levels of granularity.

For your OID, we attempted to ensure existing OIDs would work within the new public sandbox, this may or may not be the case in this instance. If you give it a shot and it doesn't work let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 20, 2020, 11:48:56 AM8/20/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

Here are two create requests with same SSN :
84ecffc3-a29f-42eb-90a3-c23f55202d17
29f1d86a-937c-4cce-ae80-738e2496fe0c

I just tried using urn:oid:2.2.2.2.2.2 to add new identifier in the new sandbox and it returns bad request, here is the request id for it:  9ebd59c0-29cd-4cf4-aacf-b096394608bc

Thanks,
Rui

Rui Wang

Aug 20, 2020, 4:14:12 PM8/20/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

Any update on the above issues? I see the timeline lays out on 8/24 you will Disable open-endpoint access to old public sandbox environment. Does that include the R4 patient create, retrieve, search, patch endpoints?
We will need to resolve the above issues if we are no longer able to use the old sandbox from 8/24.

Thanks,
Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Aug 21, 2020, 9:12:21 AM8/21/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

We're still investigating. 8/24 is when we will completely shut off only the open endpoint access, that is, requests hitting the open endpoint that do not require authorization. September 8th will be the final cut-off when no requests to the old public sandbox will be possible.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 25, 2020, 9:30:01 AM8/25/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

Any update on the issues above? We are willing to move to new sandbox as soon as possible to avoid any access issue to old sandbox, thanks!

Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Aug 26, 2020, 5:44:30 PM8/26/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

Thanks for your patience. The SSN duplicate issue you are seeing has been resolved and was a mis-configuration on our part. For the identifier, you should be able to use the MRN identifier we have configured the OID of which is urn:oid:2.16.840.1.113883.6.1000.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 27, 2020, 11:25:33 AM8/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

Thanks for fixing the SSN issue.

We already use OID urn:oid:2.16.840.1.113883.6.1000 to map to the MRN number for a patient when get result back from patient search endpoint. In old sandbox we were using urn:oid:1.1.1.1.1.1 for mapping to MRN.
We need another OID which we can represent the unique identifier generated by our app. We will need to add our custom identifier to patient using patch endpoint after a patient is created.  And in old sandbox, we were using urn:oid:2.2.2.2.2.2 for that purpose.
See the original thread for more information: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/cerner-fhir-developers/3fqTj6d-5MM/-UMAkHqRAAAJ

Let me know if there is an equivalent OID in the new sandbox that we can use to represent our unique identifier.
Thanks,
Rui

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Aug 27, 2020, 1:20:43 PM8/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rui,

We've configured urn:oid:7.7.7.7.7.7 in the domain, please give that a try.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 28, 2020, 2:12:08 PM8/28/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ben,

The patch request for adding new identifier with urn:oid:7.7.7.7.7.7 returns 200 now.
But it looks like the identifier is not actually added to the patient. I don't see the identifier returned if I do a search with the patient fhir id again. And I cannot find the patient with the newly added patient identifier.

See the x-request-id for the operations I did:
Patch request to add identifier with oid urn:oid:7.7.7.7.7.7 : 2ae43a91-825a-4532-a4ed-f973462c17dc   -- returns 200
Search request by patient fhir id: eec2b90e-e1b9-4ae2-801b-7dcdff12cffc  -- I cannot find the new identifier returned in patient.identifier section
Search request by newly added patient identifier : 5bcd35e3-d7dd-49a9-bb06-f0113e0ddb00 -- No patient found

Thanks,
Rui

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Aug 29, 2020, 11:18:07 AM8/29/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
After some further configuration, I was able to test this again and an identifier is returned for the oid 7.7.7.7.7.7. Can you test this again?

-Aaron (Cerner)

Rui Wang

Aug 31, 2020, 9:36:20 AM8/31/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers