Cerner Data Hosting

Sumit Lahiri

Jun 21, 2018, 12:52:05 PM6/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Does Cerner Millennium/Soarian API provide access to multi-tenant data repository? What I mean is, if I build an application using Cerner API, do I have to work separately with the provider/Hospital system to get access to their data? Or Cerner itself manages that ?

Most of the EHR has a different model around that, so curious.

Does anybody know?

Thanks
Sumit

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Jun 21, 2018, 2:26:37 PM6/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
For provider applications, a BA agreement is still a requirement before you can typically access data within their system (privacy and consent laws are still in place).

After validation/your application formally becomes part of the code program, we would list the application in our gallery. However, you would still need to do sales to clients/sites and go through typical purchasing and contracting.

~ Jenni

Sumit Lahiri

Jun 21, 2018, 3:53:17 PM6/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I understand the contract and consent part. But what about the data? Does Cerner host the provider's data in cerner's data center/cloud or that lies with the provider data center?

Thanks
Sumit

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Jun 21, 2018, 5:36:31 PM6/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sumit,

It varies by client, but where the data lies doesn't affect the coordination needed with each site to get access to the data. This is also abstracted away by our API.

The URL will always point to our cloud regardless of tenant, though the path off the URL generally changes a bit by tenant (and the authorization token/authorization is scoped to a specific tenant).

~ Jenni

Sumit Lahiri

Jun 26, 2018, 1:34:46 PM6/26/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jenni,

We are not planning to do an actual App development per se. We plan to build an EHR integration platform where we will engage with some provider groups/Hospital Systems who are part of Cerner ecosystem. How do we work on that kind of model? Is there any documentation I can look at?

Thanks
Sumit

Sumit Lahiri

Jun 28, 2018, 1:06:24 PM6/28/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello, Any update on this?

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Jun 28, 2018, 1:34:16 PM6/28/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sumit,

If your integration platform is calling our FHIR services, it is essentially an "app" - though I would assume this means the app will be using B2B access or access on behalf of a system (which isn't available in prod yet). You are required to be part of our developer program in order to resell that application to our clients, and would need to do development against our sandbox here prior to applying to the program (otherwise it would be very difficult to answer some of the questions around gaps and app id required for that application).

If you have a client you are partnering with, that is also listed on the application to become part of the code program.

Once you are in the program, we supply the FHIR URL as part of the process when you test with a client, as well as whitelisting your application for those clients/tenants with their approval.

If you are referring to something other than our ignite platform/Cerner's implementation of FHIR, this forum isn't going to have that answer :) You would need to reach out to clients to see what options they have to integrate with their systems (eg: V2 interfaces).

~ Jenni

Sumit Lahiri

Jul 5, 2018, 12:46:53 PM7/5/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jenni,

Thanks for the response. We are interested for Ignite APIs/Cerner FHIR implementation.
Can we ask for a meeting so that we can share our use cases and know more about Cerner's Ignite APIs roadmap?

Thanks
Sumit

Yegor Hanov (Cerner)

Jul 5, 2018, 10:57:10 PM7/5/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi, Sumit!

Please review the information available on our program website [1] and use the form [2] to get in touch with our business developers regarding possible entry into our developer program.

Thanks!

-Yegor (Cerner)