Did the format for Appointment.start change recently

Assigned to mphil...@gmail.com by me

Robert Jones

Mar 18, 2021, 2:37:08 PM3/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

Appointment.start should contain milliseconds, and we'd written our code to expect that.

Starting sometime today, when I fetch an Appointment the start field no longer contains milliseconds.

Is this a known change in behavior or a regression?

Are we expected to support both formats?

Thanks,
Rob

Michele Mottini

Mar 18, 2021, 2:41:19 PM3/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Are we expected to support both formats?

Both formats are valid as per the FHIR specs: http://hl7.org/fhir/datatypes.html#instant, so I'd say yes

  -Michele
  CareEvolution

Max Philips (Cerner)

Mar 18, 2021, 2:47:46 PM3/18/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rob,

As we note on fhir.cerner.com, the provided examples are non-normative and replaying them in the public sandbox may yield different results than are included in the documentation.

As Michele noted, Appointment.start is a FHIR instant, and valid with or without milliseconds. In addition to optional milliseconds, there are other forms that FHIR instants can take, so I would encourage you to browse through the link above and ensure any instant matching the regex as defined in the specification is supported by your application.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

This conversation is locked