Checking how things appear in the Cerner UI

Francis Devereux

Oct 8, 2021, 7:09:57 AM10/8/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

I have created a Condition (for Patient/12765742) in the secure sandbox using the FHIR r4 API. I can read it back via the FHIR API so I know it has been saved successfully. However I would also like to check how it appears to users in the Cerner UI to make sure that it meets users' expectations. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Francis

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Oct 8, 2021, 11:31:43 AM10/8/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Access to the domain is only available to CODE program members and our clients.

Thanks,
Fenil

Francis Devereux

Oct 11, 2021, 3:41:37 AM10/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Fenil,

Thanks for your reply. We're not a Cerner client (we're a software provider looking to provide integration for our mutual clients) so it looks like the Code program is the way to go for us.

So far we only have a test harness creating sample conditions in the sandbox, there will be a lot amount of development work for use before we can send data from our real app instead of a test harness. Ideally we'd like to validated that we can achieve the desired user experience (i.e. conditions showing as desired in Cerner) using our test harness before we commit to the real development. However https://code.cerner.com/submit says one of the criteria for joining the Code program is "a working application demo". Does this mean we can't see the UI until our real integration is ready or is there another way for us to meet the requirements to join the Code program? Perhaps our test harness could be counted as the "application demo"? It is a command line utility that makes requests to the Cerner FHIR API.

I know we have discussed this topic already so sorry for covering the same ground again, the ability to see what our users will see before we have a finished demo is really important to us so I'd like to explore whether there is any way this can be achieved.

Thanks,

Francis

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Oct 11, 2021, 9:56:06 AM10/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Correct, you won't be able to access the UI without joining the program. I believe using the APIs, the data would be charted correctly and in a standard way that Cerner displays.
I would not be able to talk about your test harness, but if you join CODE program, your PROD App should be ready by the time your App is approved by Cerner to integrate with Cerner clients.