Information about patient managing organization

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Amit Joshi

Aug 10, 2021, 3:23:44 AM8/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Cerner Team,

Since we are not able to get patient's managing organization property in the the Patient resource Json returned by the cerner for a patient.
I was wondering if there is any way to get the  details of the organization who is managing records of all the patients in cerner EHR(if it is a single organization).
Please provide clarifiaction.

Thanks and regards,
Amit Joshi

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 10, 2021, 10:13:19 AM8/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

You can use Encounter resource to find the reference for Organization/Location associated with a particular encounter of a patient.

Thanks,
Fenil

Amit Joshi

Aug 11, 2021, 7:26:58 AM8/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Ok. Thanks for the response Fenil. I have one follow up question.
Can we use the serviceProvider object returned in the Encounter resource as the  Hospital /Managing Organization of the all the Patient records for which SmartAPP is launched?

Thanks and regards,
Amit Joshi

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 11, 2021, 10:26:29 AM8/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Given the fact, your App is launched from within the patient's chart, serviceProvider object returned for the Encounter in the context, would provide you with the organization (facility) responsible for that specific encounter.
You can also use the location reference returned from the Encounter in context. Location resource actually provides with a field called Managing Organization. - http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/base/entities/location/

Amit Joshi

Aug 12, 2021, 3:13:44 AM8/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Ok. Thanks for the response.

I am trying to get a specific(unique) encounter by hitting the below endpoint

but the date param seems to be not functioning properly as it is returning all the encounter records of date greater than this.
Please help us with this issue.

What we need is a unique encounter by giving certain parameters(currentDate and status) so that we will be able to get Organization id from that record.

Regards,
Amit Joshi