Get all patient list through FHIR API

Shankar Ganesh Jayaraman

Mar 18, 2020, 1:47:28 PM3/18/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello there,

Is there a way or resource available in Cerner FHIR(DSTU2/R4) to get all the patient list (or) patient list by the practitioner (or) patient list by the organization ... etc

Note: Search patient parameters are very limited and it does not support patient list by practitioner.

Kindly help on this request.

Thanks,
Shankar

Max Philips (Cerner)

Mar 18, 2020, 2:01:47 PM3/18/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Shankar,

Some public test servers expose the functionality that you are looking for, where for example a Patient request without any search parameters would return a list of every known patient. Cerner's public sandbox does not expose this, for a few reasons: there are lots of patients in the system and such requests would be very resource-hungry, and this behavior would not be available in production deployments so we have opted not to support it in our sandbox either.

If you are wondering about test patients to use, please find that information documented here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/cerner-fhir-developers/edPUbVPIag0

If you want a list of every patient in the sandbox, that is not available via FHIR APIs.

Note: Search patient parameters are very limited and it does not support patient list by practitioner.

Correct, Cerner's Patient API does not expose practitioner as a search parameter. Supported parameters are documented on fhir.cerner.com and in server Conformance statements.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

Shankar Ganesh Jayaraman

Mar 19, 2020, 4:39:49 PM3/19/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hello Max,

Thanks for the quick response.

Is there any way I can get the patient list such as, bulk export, api or any ?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Mar 19, 2020, 5:02:40 PM3/19/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Shankar,

Unfortunately we do not expose any Bulk API for retrieving Patient (or any other resource) at this time in our sandbox or production environment. All queries will be limited by the current query parameters we support which are listed out on fhir.cerner.com.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Francesca Ricci-Tam

Aug 19, 2021, 10:37:43 PM8/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Benjamin,

just wondering, since this thread is a year old -- is it still the case that Cerner does not expose any Bulk API? Is it expected to be implemented in the future?
Thanks,

Francesca Ricci-Tam

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 20, 2021, 9:37:05 AM8/20/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
As Ben had last mentioned,

Unfortunately we do not expose any Bulk API for retrieving Patient (or any other resource) at this time in our sandbox or production environment. All queries will be limited by the current query parameters we support which are listed out on fhir.cerner.com. They might be implemented in the future but we won't be able to provide any timelines.

Thanks,
Fenil

This conversation is locked