Getting info about a patient's Chemotherapy Drugs

Malco

Dec 14, 2017, 12:51:07 PM12/14/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We're integrating our software with Powerchart systems being used to manage Medical Oncology patients.  We need to be able to pull information about the chemotherapy drugs that have been administered to the patient.

I can see that Cerner supports FHIR implementations for “Medication Order” and “Medication Statement” resources, but it does not appear that the “Medication Administered” resource has been implemented.

My question... how can we use FHIR resources to get information from PowerChart about the chemo drugs that have been administered to a patient?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Dec 14, 2017, 1:04:53 PM12/14/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers

We actually do support Medication Admin (recently added). More info here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cerner-fhir-developers/Bh0jqUteZRs/uR1M9hc8CQAJ

Malco

Dec 14, 2017, 9:45:10 PM12/14/17
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Great - thanks Jenni!  I'll have a look.