Request for Diet Orders and Diagnostic Lab results

kcc...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2018, 9:13:52 AM11/5/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Hello,

I would like to please request the following diet orders and diagnostic lab results to be added for Nancy Smart #4342009:

Diet Orders:
  1. Vegetarian Diet
    • (In the order details 3pm snack and dietary sodium - low fat/low cholesterol)
  2. 2 Gram Sodium Diet
    • (In the order details diet modifier - no monosodium glutamate and dietery calories -  diabetic high CH (2900-2200)

Diagnostic Lab Results:

  1. Potassium - Serum/POCT
  2. Creatinine- Serum/POCT
  3. Hemoglobin A1C

Thank you

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Nov 5, 2018, 10:14:04 AM11/5/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

We don't currently support NutritionOrder (in FHIR, this is where a Diet order would be exposed).

for the Observations requested, are there any values or ranges you're specifically looking for?

Regards,
Jenni

kcc...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2018, 9:09:21 AM11/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Morning Jenni,

I'm curious on why this is with the diet order?  Is the NutritionOrder resource on the road map?

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Nov 21, 2018, 11:40:27 AM11/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

You can see how we choose what goes on our roadmap here: https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/faq/

Right now, NutritionOrder hasn't been a resource that has gotten a lot of requests.

You can follow this group to get updates as we release new resources.

Thanks,
Jenni

kcc...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2018, 4:31:04 PM11/30/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jenni,

Can we request the NutritionOrder resource to be added?  The application we are writing looks at a patient's diet as well and it would be nice to eventually have it.  Are there any ways around this where we can still pull in diet orders?

kcc...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2019, 8:31:53 AM1/8/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Is there another way to pull in the nutrition orders?  Maybe coming in through another resource then we filter out the non nutrition order in the json?  If there is no other way I would like to set the expectation with the potential users of our FHIR app.

Thank you

Yegor Hanov (Cerner)

Jan 8, 2019, 10:04:35 AM1/8/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
There is no way to pull in nutrition order information using currently available resources in our API.

-Yegor (Cerner)

kcc...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2019, 8:37:01 AM1/9/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Can we embed CCL in our app to pull in the information?  If so will it still get certified?