Chrome running web app outside of Cerner

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Evelyn

Jan 10, 2021, 11:01:19 AM1/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

We have a Smart App which is Chromium based. Is it possible to launch from PowerChart, and opens chrome browser outside of PowerChart? If yes, how and where should we configure this?

Thanks,

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 12, 2021, 12:12:16 PM1/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Current requirements for PowerChart FHIR apps are IE 10/11 depending on the use case [1]. I believe there is a plan to start testing an embedded chromium-based browser this year.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Evelyn

Jan 12, 2021, 4:50:15 PM1/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reply and sharing the plan. But that's not what I was asking. I know currently only IE 10/11 are supported for the embedded app. My question is, can we click the button in PowerChart, and opens a new browser, launch our app in that browser, instead of embedded in PowerChart?

Thanks,

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 13, 2021, 6:47:18 PM1/13/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
An external launch is possible, but highly discouraged. Most likely this launch would open an external IE browser anyway, as that will typically be the default on the local (or virtual) machine. This also introduces security implications in that the chart in the browser would not switch patients when the user changes patients within PowerChart.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Evelyn

Jan 13, 2021, 7:35:49 PM1/13/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that it's not recommended. I am wondering how to configure that in PowerChart if we still need to proceed with external launch.

Thanks,

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 13, 2021, 7:48:11 PM1/13/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
You would have to work with the client (or our program implementation team for internal Cerner testing domains) to configure the launch parameters.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Evelyn

Jan 14, 2021, 9:53:52 AM1/14/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers