How to determine if a hospital's Cerner installation supports SMART on FHIR?

Mark Sawczuk

Jul 16, 2019, 6:13:48 PM7/16/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
How does one know whether a Cerner installation at a hospital even supports the use of SMART and FHIR?  I am a software developer at an instrumentation company (Abbott), and I'm looking for building simpler ways to interface when we need to extract additional data from Cerner Millennium.  And what can you recommend for 3rd party developers that are looking for a sandbox for Cerner Millennium to work with?

yalini

Jul 16, 2019, 6:28:24 PM7/16/19
to cerner-fhir-developers, Cerner FHIR Developers
I am also interested in the answer to this.

---- On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 18:13:48 -0400 Mark Sawczuk <bluegi...@gmail.com> wrote ----

How does one know whether a Cerner installation at a hospital even supports the use of SMART and FHIR?  I am a software developer at an instrumentation company (Abbott), and I'm looking for building simpler ways to interface when we need to extract additional data from Cerner Millennium.  And what can you recommend for 3rd party developers that are looking for a sandbox for Cerner Millennium to work with?

Yegor Hanov (Cerner)

Jul 17, 2019, 10:08:18 AM7/17/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi, Mark!  Hi, Yalini!

We do not presently have a public API directory that you could use to programmatically discover live Millennium clients.  However, with Meaningful Use Stage 3 compliance becoming a requirement for US providers in a few months, virtually all of existing Cerner clients are connected to the API or are finalizing the steps to set up the connection.

As far as Sandbox is concerned, we have our developer documentation available on https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/ including the self-service portal (green button, upper right corner) to register and test apps against a live Millennium environment.  Developer program information is available at https://code.cerner.com/

Thanks,

-Yegor (Cerner)