How to differentiate inpatient medication orders and discharge medication prescriptions?

Oleksiy Kononenko

Jan 9, 2018, 2:47:13 PM1/9/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Is there a way to differentiate an inpatient medication orders and discharge medication prescriptions?

Thanks,

Oleksiy

Oleksiy Kononenko

Jan 9, 2018, 3:30:30 PM1/9/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I figured it out. There is medication-statement-category extension that tells you what med it is.

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Jan 9, 2018, 3:36:03 PM1/9/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
For others that find this, the concept above wasn't part of the core specification in DSTU 2, though it was added in STU3.

Our DSTU2 MedicationStatement resource exposes this concept as an extension, using the valueset defined in STU3: http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/medications/medication-statement/#custom-extensions

~ Jenni