Unknown Application - Trying to figure out why

Matheus Nunes

Dec 13, 2022, 2:43:53 PM12/13/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand why we're getting a Unknown Application warning. Despite having some suspects I want help to understand the problem.

Information to provide to Techinical Support

Correlation ID: 8635b380-b263-43e8-bc81-432d0be3180f

Information to provide to Unknown Application

Unable to access the DNS record and/or server certificate of the server associated with the application. Verify the application's registration information for accuracy.

Error Code:urn:cerner:error:authorization-server:oauth2:grant:application-trust-response-error

Suppositions that I have

- Wrong DNS config or address
- 404 response for TLS validation
- Our firewall blocking Cerner IP's when validating TLS.

Thanks.

Matthew Beermann (Oracle Cerner)

Dec 16, 2022, 11:14:55 AM12/16/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
>> Our firewall blocking Cerner IP's when validating TLS

This currently seems the likeliest explanation. Testing from our network, we are able to resolve your domain name (api.sigmoidhealth.net), but we are unable to establish a connection.

Hope that helps,
--Matthew

Matheus Nunes

Dec 16, 2022, 11:34:33 AM12/16/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Matthew,

Is there an IP list from where these requests come? So I can allow them in our firewall.

Thanks
Matheus

Matthew Beermann (Oracle Cerner)

Dec 16, 2022, 11:51:34 AM12/16/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
I'm afraid that those IPs are not static and can/will change over time; I can only tell you that they'll originate from Amazon's us-east-2 region.

--Matthew

Matheus Nunes

Dec 16, 2022, 5:44:47 PM12/16/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Matthew,

I've tested here and it was exactly the problem. Although I have another question.

Can we change the display message shown to the Patient on the authorization screen instead of using our URL using our Application Name?
I've seen in the docs something about displaying the Application name only with we have an OV cert, but I'm not sure if it's related to this screen.

2022-12-16_19-17.jpeg

Thanks

Matheus

Matthew Beermann (Oracle Cerner)

Dec 16, 2022, 6:04:23 PM12/16/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
I think you're alluding to this comment in our Application Registration Prerequisites...

>> Application name is only displayed to users if a legal entity can be associated with the application’s website via the use of a valid, trusted EV or OV certificate.

...which you've understood correctly; you'll need to have a sufficiently strong certificate before your self-asserted application name will be displayed to the user.

Hope that helps,
--Matthew

Matheus Nunes

Dec 19, 2022, 2:19:51 PM12/19/22