Can you create an encounter resource for a patinent that I am going to create?

Venkata Boddeti

May 10, 2018, 12:33:18 PM5/10/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am creating a userstory and want to create Condition resource for a patient.  To create a condition, Patient and Encounter resources are required. I can create a patient with API. But, there is no API to create Encounter resource. Can you create an Encounter for a patient that I am going to create? Please let me know so that I can provide you the patient id.

Thanks, Venkata

Madhur Rajendran (Cerner)

May 16, 2018, 4:37:19 PM5/16/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Venkata,

We don't support Encounter creates at this time.

However, it should be noted that only Diagnoses require an Encounter to create. Problems can be created without providing an Encounter.

If you would like to create a diagnosis for testing purposes, we suggest you use one of our existing test patients, outlined here:

Thanks,
Madhur