Can I reschedule via Ignite or need to cancel and rebook?

Assigned to rlcer...@gmail.com by aaron....@oracle.com

Matthew Steer

Mar 9, 2021, 7:11:08 AM3/9/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi, I had a search for previous answers to this question but couldn't find anything. I'm also not conversant enough with Millenium to know whether this is even possible in the platform (i.e. whether this is an Ignite limitation or a Millenium one!).

Can I reschedule an appointment through Ignite? It looks like I can patch the slot in a "proposed" appointment but not in a "booked" appointment. Is there a flow we need to follow, or can we only effectively change an appointment by cancelling the original and booking a new one?

If the answer is cancel-and-rebook, it would also be useful to know whether true reschedule is coming soon or still quite a long way away.

Many thanks

Matt

Richard Leaf (Cerner)

Mar 11, 2021, 4:58:04 PM3/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Matt - great question!

At this time our Ignite implementation does not support a true reschedule action for a currently booked appointment.

Some developers have attempted to create their own reschedule workflow by canceling and then booking a new appointment, but when doing so that causes problems with any associated encounters and documentation on the old appointment, so we do not support/recommend doing that.

We are not quite yet aligned to have it on our roadmap, but we're keenly aware of the need.

Richard
Product Manger for Scheduling API

Matthew Steer

Mar 17, 2021, 6:29:59 AM3/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Richard, that's invaluable info. It sounds like we'll need to focus on our booking flows rather than rescheduling flows, for the time being.

Matt
Product Manager for Scheduling at DrDoctor!  ; )

This conversation is locked