Cerner F12 Libarary Locks UI

tom w

Mar 25, 2020, 12:03:12 PM3/25/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

I've added the cerner F12 library to our app (https://github.com/cerner/f-twelve) . The console tab shows up in the embedded browser, but upon clicking, the entire PowerChart UI locks up.  Has anyone had any success with the F12 library? How can one get debug information from the embedded browser. Things work fine in normal IE, but it's random results with the embedded browser with no clear way to debug. Any help is appreciated.

<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/libraries/babel-polyfill/6.2.6/polyfill.min.js></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/libraries/f-twelve/1.1.3/f-twelve.umd.js></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/libraries/cerner/1.3.0/cerner-smart-embeddable-lib-1.3.0.min.js></script>

Thanks,
Tom

Matthew Beermann (Cerner)

Mar 25, 2020, 12:35:59 PM3/25/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
The babel-polyfill library is problematic in embedded Internet Explorer; to make matters worse, whether and how it fails depends on which Microsoft patches are installed. We ended up doing something like this:

  try {
    if (typeof (Intl) !== 'object' || typeof (Intl.DateTimeFormat) !== 'function') {
      window.Intl = IntlPolyfill;
      IntlPolyfill.__applyLocaleSensitivePrototypes();
    }
  } catch (error) {
    window.Intl = IntlPolyfill;
    IntlPolyfill.__applyLocaleSensitivePrototypes();
  }

Hope that helps,
--Matthew

Patrick Gross

Mar 25, 2020, 1:23:13 PM3/25/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
This is possibly a conflict with the XFC dependency in cerner-smart-embeddable-lib. Every time the DOM mutates XFC writes to console.log. The way f-twelve works is every time console.log is used it writes the data out to the DOM. This loop gets triggered when opening the Console and causes the screen to freeze, exactly like what you're seeing.

There is an issue for it here https://github.com/cerner/f-twelve/issues/5 I just attached an email discussing potential resolutions and also just replied to that email requesting the latest update.

So if this is your issue there is no known workaround but try removing cerner-smart-embeddable-lib just to test and confirm that is what's causing the conflict.

Patrick Gross

Mar 26, 2020, 3:25:11 PM3/26/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Logged an issue on the XFC side https://github.com/cerner/xfc/issues/45

tom w

Mar 26, 2020, 3:30:10 PM3/26/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

I tried your suggestion by commenting out the cerner embedded js library, but it didn't work. Thanks for your response. I almost wonder if launching a separate browser window outside of PowerChart is best. This embedded browser issue has been a big time sync.

-Tom

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 3:25 PM Patrick Gross <pgro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Logged an issue on the XFC side https://github.com/cerner/xfc/issues/45

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential, may contain proprietary or privileged information and is intended for the named recipient(s) only. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and must delete all copies. Etiometry Inc. reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications through its networks (in accordance with applicable laws). No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by Etiometry Inc. by any mistransmission of this e-mail.

tom w

Apr 1, 2020, 5:28:52 PM4/1/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

Thank-you. I can't remove the cerner embedded lib, because then the embedded browser doesn't render anything. I read the attached email. Do you know if there is a fix planned for the near term? The email messages were dated back in June of last year. I guess another option would be to hack the cerner embedded lib, but I was hoping for a solution from the original developers. I am experiencing the infinite loop with a simple page in the embedded browser.

Thanks again for your help!
tom

Message has been deleted