Question regarding app submission

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Revathy Pennathur

Feb 25, 2021, 8:26:43 AM2/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi:
           I am hoping to get some clarification with regards to submitting our app for approval by cerner in order to move to production.  Our use case is as follows - We have various practices submitting patient care data and we would like to use our fhir app to supplement/sync up information (like observations/Procedures etc) for the patients in the practice. At this time, we have a system account  for the sandbox and we have tested in the secure sandbox and are getting ready to submit our app for approval. However the cerner site only seems to support Patient facing or Provider facing apps for submission. I am not sure what our completely backend only app would fall under. We use it for Patient  related data, however it is not for a single patient. I am not sure we can be called a provider app either. Since the app works great with cerner ignite/millenium, I am hoping to get this to production to reduce the burden on our clients that use cerner. Kindly let me know how to submit my app for your approval.
Thanks
Rev Subramanian

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Feb 25, 2021, 12:12:31 PM2/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Some of the wording may be confusing, but the distinction is around whether the information is provided by or is shown to the patient. As a system app, the data is expected to be shown to providers and any data written to the chart will be expected to have come from a provider authorization, even if the provider didn't enter the information directly. In our documentation around the secure sandbox [1], we actually specify it as "Non-Patient" and "Patient Access". In your case, it would be considered a Provider application.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Revathy Pennathur

Feb 25, 2021, 5:20:41 PM2/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
This was very helpful. Thank you!
I am now in the process of submitting the DSTU2 and the R4 versions of our App.
Can I use the same client id for both or do I have to create a separate one for R4?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Feb 26, 2021, 2:59:41 PM2/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
An app can use both DSTU2 and R4 resources. The console doesn't currently allow the selection, but we can add any missing scopes that you need. If you already have them separate, it is something we will need to do before validation is complete, but you can submit them separately.

-Aaron (Cerner)
This conversation is locked