Add new Allergy. Substance value set.

Odalys Jordan

Mar 21, 2018, 9:56:48 AM3/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers

Hi!

I'm trying to add a new AllergyIntolerance record. AllergyIntolerance.substance is required, and per the documentation (http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/general-clinical/allergy-intolerance/), the list of substances comes from two Code Systems:

RxNorm (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/rxnorm

and

SNOMED CT (http://snomed.info/sctfor non-medication substances and for negation codes

What mechanism(s) can I use to obtain the list of substances from those two systems? There's no details on that in the documentation, and I need to populate the form with the possible substance for user selection.

I read that SNOMED can't be used without a license. Is that so?

Thank you!

Michele Mottini

Mar 21, 2018, 10:41:49 AM3/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
You can get lists of RxNorm and SNOMED codes from their Web sites. i am pretty sure SNOMED requires a license, don't know about RxNorm

  - Michele
  CareEvolution Inc