provide decision support to filter practitioner(provider/physician)

KEN

Jul 26, 2019, 10:56:39 AM7/26/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

In cerner, do we have a way to control the access group or security group for list of practitioners?

Basically, we want to have a practitioner filtering which allow us to have a control to decide whether we open our service to that practitioner.

If so, what API calls or technical infrastructure needs implemented?

And we want to update that practitioner list in automated manner.

Thanks,

Ken

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jul 29, 2019, 9:53:43 AM7/29/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Ken,

There are no APIs that are able to control access to an application. Apps can be configured to show up in the Table of Contents on a position level (be aware a user can only have one position) which may suit your needs. But for more flexibility you could maintain a list of practitioners that can or cannot access your app, but in general there are no built in mechanisms that will enable you to filter access to your app.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)