Patient-level documents in PowerChart (DocumentReference without Encounter)

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Brent

Jul 26, 2021, 9:54:33 AM7/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

We are exploring potentially storing notes and other documents to the DocumentReference resource for a patient without an encounter. A previous thread stated that this was possible and that the document would be stored as a patient-level document and I see that developers can get access to PowerChart during the app submission process.

I was wondering if it was possible to further elaborate on how patient-level documents are visible in PowerChart? The Cerner client that we are working with is very interested in integrating the storage of documents by our system app into their workflow; however, we are unsure how 'easy' it is to locate the documents stored without encounters from within PowerChart. If the clinical or administrative user at the Cerner site opens the patient's chart, what is the process for the user to locate these documents?

Thanks,

Brent

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jul 26, 2021, 5:01:29 PM7/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

The documents can be accessed from Document Viewing or Clinical Notes tab of the Powerchart

Thanks,
Fenil