Expected behaviors after Appointment Status is updated to Checked-In

Assigned to stephen.s...@gmail.com by Fenil....@cerner.com

Bomi Kim

Aug 25, 2021, 2:19:07 PM8/25/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Our team is using FHIR to update the appointment status to Checked-In. A requirement from our client is for the Conversation field in RevCycle to also update. When observing the manual workflow, the Conversation field will change from Pre-Registered to Registered once a staff member manually updates the Appointment Status to Checked-In.

We would like to understand the mechanism for why a manual user clicking/updating Appointment Status will trigger updates to the Conversation field, but why an update initiated via FHIR will not result in a similar action.

Thank you,
Bomi Kim

stephen.s...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2021, 12:55:42 PM8/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Bomi,

this could be due to conversation rules that interact with the front end parts of Revenuecycle. FHIR does not interact with those rules.