Adding financial data to Patients

Sam Kim

Feb 11, 2020, 2:18:27 PM2/11/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I understand that we can create Patients and Encounters: http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/individuals/patient/#create & http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/encounters/encounter/#create

But how would we go about attaching financial data to a patient? There is no CREATE Account.

Max Philips (Cerner)

Feb 11, 2020, 2:56:40 PM2/11/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sam,

You are correct, Cerner has not exposed a create interaction for Account resources at this time. We are actively developing new R4 APIs, so I would encourage you to continue monitoring this group and fhir.cerner.com to watch for new capabilities that are added to the server. Unfortunately, per group guidelines, I cannot share any information on future timelines for specific resource interactions.

In the current state, Cerner engineering can assist you in staging data that will be valuable for your development and testing. Please feel free to request specific information to be created via this group and we can build it out for you.

I'll also recommend that you check out the information noted here to see if it will help you out: https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/cerner-fhir-developers/-MVNm45-zJY. As above, we would be happy to build more information if what we have now is not sufficient for your testing purposes.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

Sam Kim

Feb 11, 2020, 4:10:39 PM2/11/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Max,

I see, so if we needed a new patient with financial information if the provided one's aren't sufficient, how would you like for us to present a request? Should we create our own patient and encounter first?

Max Philips (Cerner)

Feb 12, 2020, 1:35:39 PM2/12/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sam,

Feel free to post to this group with any requests that you have.

Creating your own patient and encounter ahead of time will speed things along a bit, yes. Using your own test patients will also reduce the likelihood that other developers will interact with them.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)