Organization.read is returning error="insufficient_scope"

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Sylvester Sakilay

Jan 5, 2021, 3:24:13 PM1/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,
Was trying to read organization(R4). Verified that the scope is mentioned correctly. Still getting the below error:

Operation was unsuccessful because of a client error (Forbidden). OperationOutcome: Overall result: FAILURE (1 errors and 0 warnings)

[ERROR] (no details)(further diagnostics: Bearer realm="fhir-ehr-code.cerner.com", error="insufficient_scope").

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Sylvester

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 5, 2021, 3:26:26 PM1/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Per our group guidelines, please provide the X-Request-Id located in the response headers to aid in our investigation.

-Aaron (Cerner)

Sylvester Sakilay

Jan 5, 2021, 3:57:21 PM1/5/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,
I am not sure where to get it from. I do the "Organization.Read C# call" and getting a FhirOperationExceptionwith the above message.

Can you please let me know if you need any other information

Thanks,
Sylvester

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jan 5, 2021, 4:30:28 PM1/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sylvester,

The X-Request-Id is a response header our server will return with every request. An example is included below from Postman. You will need to see if the library you are using that makes this data available to extract it. If you are having difficultings doing this you can recreate the request in Postman (other through cURL or other means) and find the X-Request-Id response header that way.

Postman Example:
Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 3.29.04 PM.png

Thank you,
Ben (Cerner)

Sylvester Sakilay

Jan 5, 2021, 4:40:13 PM1/5/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Ben.
Here is the information
X-Request-Id="51c8a7b1-65eb-4e11-800c-5a7d545236af "

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Cerner FHIR Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cerner-fhir-developers/e75bcdb9-4752-4cdd-9725-9fdcbd7eace5n%40googlegroups.com.

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 5, 2021, 5:19:17 PM1/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Can you try removing the "patient/Organization.read" scope in your authorization request?

-Aaron (Cerner)

Michele Mottini

Jan 5, 2021, 5:21:19 PM1/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Organization are not patient-related, so I think the right scope to use is user/Organization.read

  - Michele
  CareEvolution

Sylvester Sakilay

Jan 5, 2021, 6:11:13 PM1/5/21