App with both Provider- and System-level access

aa...@astartemedical.com

Dec 7, 2022, 1:38:25 AM12/7/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
I'm looking to create an application with both provider-level access and system-level access. I want EMR users (providers) to be able to launch my application with patient context to see a certain patient's data in my application, and I want my application to have its own method of updating all patients' data on a scheduled basis.

I currently have a production system account linked to a system-level app, which I can use to make FHIR requests in the sandbox. How can I use my production system account in a provider-facing application and still be able to get an access token via the backend?

Reagan Young

Dec 7, 2022, 10:44:09 AM12/7/22
to Oracle Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

We do not support applications with more than one type of access - so unfortunately you won't be able to cross access between system and provider accounts in a single app like you're looking for. Since you already have a system level app your best course of action would be to create a separate application with provider level access for the provider workflow you're needing.

Best,
Reagan Young (Oracle Cerner)

aa...@astartemedical.com

Dec 7, 2022, 12:36:11 PM12/7/22