PowerChart and Cookies

Assigned to kol.k...@gmail.com by jenni...@gmail.com

Simon Nguyen

Oct 16, 2018, 5:30:50 PM10/16/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to save cookies (to keep track of current user or sessions, for example). I understand that EHR systems run SMART apps on iframes, what happens when the EHR's browser closes? Does it keep cookies from previous sessions?

Thanks!

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Oct 17, 2018, 11:04:05 AM10/17/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Simon,

You can see some of the FAQs about cookie and session (and how this works in an embedded browser) here: https://fhir.cerner.com/smart/

Always keep in mind that the EHR usually operates on a shared computer, so you often don't want the cookie to remain beyond the session.

~ Jenni

Simon Nguyen

Oct 17, 2018, 1:39:18 PM10/17/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jenni,
Thanks for your reply!

After reading the documentation, another question was raised.

Let's say that I am using cookies for other purposes. When the user terminates its session with the EHR (PowerChart) or closes that application. Do the cookies erase themselves?

Simon

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Oct 19, 2018, 12:12:23 AM10/19/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Simon,

I will look into this and let you know when I have the answer.

Regards,
Kol