Querries related to SmartonFHIR app integration with cerner EMR

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Amit Joshi

Sep 3, 2021, 5:13:04 AM9/3/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Team,

Please find below the querries that our development team has regarding the Smart on FHIR integration.

1. Is it safe to assume that we will only get one service provider for a given encounter? If yes, how do we ensure we are looking at the correct patient encounter? We were told to use Encounter resource to get the serviceProvider Organization id. We need to know the correct way to find the current encounter(at the time of app launch) to get the correct service provider details. The issues we ran into are in this conversation: https://groups.google.com/g/cerner-fhir-developers/c/QMTRIRjXEiA?pli=1

2. Is it acceptable for an EMR user to login once for the first time when they launch SMART on FHIR app? In this context, can Cerner share what are typical auth scenarios their SMART on FIHR integration partners are using?

3. Can single pair of clientId and client secret Id  be shared between multiple clinics for a given partner?

Thanks and regards,
Amit Joshi

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Sep 7, 2021, 12:35:56 PM9/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

  • If your App is embedded with Cerner and is a provider App, the encounter context information would be passed to the App during launch.
  • The ServiceProvider attribute - The organization (facility) responsible for this encounter, has a cardinality of 0..1
  • Is its a Provider embedded within Cerner there would be no need for the end-user to log-in, http://fhir.cerner.com/smart/#single-sign-on-sso
  • A single pair of clientID/AppID, will be used across all PROD domains.
Thanks,
Fenil