Practitioner's Email Address

Francisco Gaytan

Mar 13, 2019, 5:14:58 PM3/13/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
We attempting to retrieve the current user's email address to create a profile in our application for them. I have experience with Epic and there we are able to retrieve that in the launch context. I was looking into the Practitioner resource as an option but I noticed that an email might not be present.  Is there a way to retrieve the user's email address with a higher degree of certainty?

Thanks in advance.

If this is a question about an error or issue you are seeing, please fill out the following fields:

  • Issue Summary: (include links to documentation, and describe what you've tried so far. Do NOT include request or response bodies unless this is from our public sandbox)
  • X-Request-Id or CorrelationId: (from Response or Error Message)

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Mar 14, 2019, 10:24:02 AM3/14/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

If the system is aware of an email address, it will be in the response for Practitioner. It's not guaranteed that they record that in the system.

Regards,
~ Jenni

Francisco Gaytan

Mar 15, 2019, 2:27:47 PM3/15/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you Jenni. I will keep that in mind.