error when retrieving slots

Assigned to mphil...@gmail.com by me

aa and

Feb 16, 2021, 4:54:37 PM2/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
i am making some updates to our API, when attempting to retrieve slots for a particular provider, i receive the following error:

Hl7.Fhir.Rest.FhirOperationException : Operation was unsuccessful because of a client error (BadRequest). OperationOutcome: Overall result: FAILURE (1 errors and 0 warnings)[ERROR] (no details)(further diagnostics: Endpoint returned a body with contentType 'text/plain', while a valid FHIR xml/json body type was expected. Is this a FHIR endpoint?).at Hl7.Fhir.Rest.TaskExtensions.WaitResult[T](Task`1 task)at Hl7.Fhir.Rest.FhirClient.Search[TResource](String[] criteria,String[] includes,Nullable`1 pageSize,Nullable`1 summary,String[] revIncludes)at DogwoodFunctionApp.Models.PractitionerPersistence.GetFHIRSchedulesThread(Int64 practitionerID,Int64 locationID,String slotsFilter,String dateFrom,String dateTo,Guid threadID,String fhirToken,String cernerID,Int32 segment,String dogwoodConString)

not sure what the cause is for this issue. we haven't been pulling specific providers and i am now looking to retrieve for one in particular, and this error has started coming up since making that update.

Max Philips (Cerner)

Feb 16, 2021, 5:10:17 PM2/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

I don't see that correlation id in our logs for the past week (I've searched with the X on the end as typed above and without the X). Could you double check if that was the exact correlation id you received?

Do you see this error consistently? Is it limited to searching by a particular provider? If so, can you share that provider id?

Per the search parameter notes here: http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/scheduling/slot/#search you may be receiving a 400 if you are providing only the schedule.actor search parameter and not providing the service-type search parameter alongside it.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

aa and

Feb 17, 2021, 9:22:54 AM2/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
it is consistently appearing with a specific provider. please note this is in our dev(d230) environment, i haven't tried this in our prod environment yet. i do see that we aren't passing the service-type parameter.

Also i looked back at the errors, it looks like that id was an x-request-id we received in the header response, perhaps it is correlated to FHIR instead...
2021-02-17T14:13:45.321 [Info] >> FHIR After Response Fired Headers [Connection: keep-aliveServer-Response-Time: 9.494294Vary: OriginX-Request-Id: aa60de33-bded-41a2-b627-a34185253532X-Runtime: 0.009415X-Cache: Error from cloudfrontX-Amz-Cf-Pop: ATL52-C1X-Amz-Cf-Id: Qo4eKyRhlG2_brcBIEyXbNLOzoV1xYRReOlHhfOEzvcZCkbsUwH6Vw==Content-Length: 39Cache-Control: no-cacheContent-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 14:13:45 GMTVia: 1.1 5f195221342a8d29c172f67ef6d69eae.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)]

practititioner id: 2420508481

aa and

Feb 17, 2021, 10:18:31 AM2/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
i think adding the  service-type resolved this particular issue. running into a new issue further into the functionality that is not related.

Max Philips (Cerner)

Feb 17, 2021, 10:25:49 AM2/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Great, glad to hear it. The 400 response returned by Cerner's R4 FHIR server in that scenario is an OperationOutcome that should be parsed by client libraries as application/fhir+json. Although perhaps my assumption that you were calling the R4 server is incorrect, our DSTU2 server would return a text/html response for that scenario.

Either way, we've got parameter requirements documented on the fhir.cerner.com page I've linked above! Here's the same link for DSTU2: http://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/dstu2/scheduling/appointment/#search

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

aa and

Feb 26, 2021, 1:51:32 PM2/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am now receiving an unauthorized error when attempting to retrieve an access token in our dev environment. is it possible to look into this issue in this thread? I can provide the endpoint i'm sending the request to, authorization header, body content, etc.

grant_type: client_credentials
scope: system/AllergyIntolerance.read system/Appointment.read system/Condition.read system/DiagnosticReport.read system/Encounter.read system/Immunization.read system/MedicationOrder.read system/MedicationStatement.read system/Observation.read system/Patient.read system/Patient.write system/Person.read system/Practitioner.read system/Procedure.read system/RelatedPerson.read system/Schedule.read system/Slot.read system/AllergyIntolerance.write system/Appointment.write system/Condition.write system/MedicationStatement.write

also added the following headers:
Authorization: (not sure how to share this value as it contains encoded client ID and secret from system account)
Accept: application/json

I believe i've added everything necessary as per these docs: https://fhir.cerner.com/authorization/#requesting-authorization-on-behalf-of-a-system

i have a client ID and secret that i have retrieved from the system account that are base64 encoded to be used for authorization. but not sure what the best way it to share that.

Max Philips (Cerner)

Feb 26, 2021, 1:58:01 PM2/26/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Could you please start a new thread for your question? Keeping topics split per thread will help future readers easily find reference material.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

This conversation is locked