App submission question

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

Robert Jones

Mar 22, 2021, 6:14:32 PM3/22/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi,

We submitted our app to the program on Friday. One note in the email said the following:

"Developer is given PowerChart (Cerner EMR) access to finish testing embedded SMART app launch..."

Our App has no need to launch from Powerchart. We submitted as a provider App as that made the most sense. However, all of our scopes are system based as we primarily provide front office style tools, e.g. on-line scheduling, reminders, etc...

Did we submit as the right kind of app? The only other option I saw was patient and that definitely didn't seem correct.

Thanks,
Rob

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Mar 23, 2021, 5:18:14 PM3/23/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
A system app is considered a special type of "provider" access. It sounds like you submitted the forms correctly. Even if you had a provider app that was a standalone launch, you will still get access to PowerChart to ensure any data (i.e. documents, appointments) is written correctly to the chart.

-Aaron (Cerner)
This conversation is locked