API Exposure

Assigned to aaron....@oracle.com by me

zahra raja

Jan 4, 2021, 12:45:36 PM1/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi All,

I'd like to know if Cerner allows API exposures to Telehealth ventures which allow them to pre-authorize beds in a hospital. Would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Zahra Raja

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 4, 2021, 6:52:57 PM1/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Could you elaborate more on your desired FHIR workflow? Are you trying to create an Appointment [1]?

-Aaron (Cerner)

zahra raja

Jan 4, 2021, 11:40:51 PM1/4/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to schedule a call with you to better explain what we’re looking for? Our venture revolves around allowing users to reserve beds in hospitals so they can skip boarding time. In order to do so, we need access into an API through an EMR system.

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 5, 2021, 10:21:10 AM1/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
To do so, the provider would have to schedule an Appointment [1] in a Slot [2] that is associated to a specific bed. The exact setup you are looking for would have to be configured for bed-scheduling at the client. For testing, it would be the same process as scheduling for any other resource.

-Aaron (Cerner)

zahra raja

Jan 5, 2021, 12:31:45 PM1/5/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
If we work through Cerner, then the client would be Cerner hospitals. If we partner with Cerner and use this method you've described, would that mean we can soley authorize/reserve these beds for the patient without any obstacles?

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 5, 2021, 1:28:52 PM1/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Using this workflow, you would check for an open Slot associated to the particular beds (currently, you'd have to get these location IDs from the client), then you would use these Slots to schedule an Appointment. That would then reserve the beds for those Slot days/times.

-Aaron (Cerner)

zahra raja

Jan 5, 2021, 3:04:21 PM1/5/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
And just to clarify, we can do this without any IT/engineer at Cerner yes? We can individually integrate our API with Cerner’s. We would just need to obtain the hospital ID’s. Can we get those ID’s from Cerner?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Cerner FHIR Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cerner-fhir-developers/2472e0f3-881b-4f4f-b1e9-c50b80490f17n%40googlegroups.com.

Aaron McGinn (Cerner)

Jan 5, 2021, 3:10:57 PM1/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
In the forum description, at the bottom, there is a link to test patients and test data. There are several locations included that you can use for testing.

Once you have tested your app in the public sandbox domain, you will submit it [1] to begin the process of validation and implementing in client domains.

-Aaron (Cerner)

zahra raja

Jan 7, 2021, 3:33:33 PM1/7/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com, Saurabh Sachan
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for providing that information. We'd also like to know if Cerner can provide us with the API for bed statuses for their partnering hospitals. For example, how many beds are in the hospital? How many are available and how many are booked?

Kindly let us know if this is a feature Cerner has and can offer us.

Thank you,
Zahra Raja

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jan 7, 2021, 5:02:17 PM1/7/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Zahra,

Unfortunately that is not an API that we currently support at this time and we are unable to speak on our roadmap or timelines in this group. We forward feedback we receive from developers and help create our roadmap based on client and developer needs, rest assured we will forward your requests onto the appropriate parties, but please be aware that those who monitor this group will be unable to comment on current and future timelines.

Thank you,
Ben (Cerner)

zahra raja

Jan 7, 2021, 8:35:07 PM1/7/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Yes Aaron, if you could connect us with the right parties, that would be great in answering our questions about bed statuses.

This conversation is locked