Issues with new R4 FinancialTransaction resource.

Sam Kim

Nov 22, 2019, 6:38:56 PM11/22/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I am trying to make a Postman request to POST a FinancialTransaction using the example request body found in the documentations, but I am getting this response back:

{
    "resourceType""OperationOutcome",
    "issue": [
        {
            "severity""error",
            "code""not-found",
            "details": {
                "text""Resource not found"
            }
        }
    ]
}

I made sure to include system/FinancialTransaction.write and system/Basic.write in the scope when retrieving the bearer token prior to the POST call to "https://fhir-ehr.sandboxcerner.com/r4/0b8a0111-e8e6-4c26-a91c-5069cbc6b1ca/Basic".
Any ideas on what else I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Sung Kim

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Nov 25, 2019, 9:00:55 AM11/25/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sam,

Per our group guidelines, could you please post the X-Request-Id associated with your request? This is returned in the headers of the response.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Sam Kim

Dec 2, 2019, 12:20:31 PM12/2/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Benjamin,

Here's my X-Request-Id associated with my request: 143eb137b7bac020c9436c0b041b4c52.

Thanks!

Keifer Laverty (Cerner)

Dec 3, 2019, 2:29:44 PM12/3/19
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sam,

It looks like the Encounter ID being used in the 'Target' extension field in the request body is invalid. The requests we use in our fhir.cerner.com documentation are non-normative so this encounter id will need to be changed. Currently there is no good way to get valid financial encounter ids, but we are working on publishing a list of financial encounter ids that will work for Financial Transaction. In the mean time here are a few Encounters that should work:
  • 4721908
  • 4703907
  • 4723906
  • 4723905
  • 4715906
Hope this helps!

Sam Kim

Dec 4, 2019, 12:43:36 PM12/4/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Keifer,

This information was very helpful; however, I'm getting a 422 Unprocessable Entity error now with the request-id: ca961f8b0dec778ac7f9e9a18c962a14. Is there anything else I need to fix?

Keifer Laverty (Cerner)

Dec 4, 2019, 2:55:38 PM12/4/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Sam,

This looks to be a problem with the location field. The location for Financial Transactions are client configured locations that identify the place that the bill was posted from. However, currently there are no location IDs in this domain. The location field is also optional, so for now I would omit the location field all together, and that should allow you to continue testing.

We will work on making sure there are locations in this domain soon so you are able to test with the location present as well.

Sam Kim

Dec 4, 2019, 2:58:25 PM12/4/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Keifer,

Thanks for the prompt response, using your advice I was finally able to get a 201 response.